Friday, May 06, 2005

The Great Diverse Hope

I don't routinely post and link to every little thing written on Hullabaloo, Orcinus, and The Rude Pundit. (Though I should, really, put up a RaptorMagic entry every time Dave Niewert writes something at Orcinus. The man is a national treasure.) But let this serve as the occasional reminder that you should click right through my drivel to those fine sites (standard disclaimer: the Rude Pundit should really be named the Extremely Vulgar Pundit, so some of you should just not Go There).

This week's wisdom: Digby (at Hullabaloo) says that the cave-in Democrats who are running the national party should stop punishing their own left and mimicking the Repos: "What we are arguing about is whether we should all be whores for big business, slaves to the theocrats, or some lukewarm version of both." I'm not a Democrat, but I wish them much luck because the country needs them ("help me Obi-Wan, you're our only hope"), and the construction of that luck will begin with committing themselves to be less like Republicans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home